What is TAFN?
If the Internet is the Information Super Highway, then TAFN is the ideally-located spa hotel just off the nearest junction. It’s a rest stop for anyone with sight loss where you can:
- Refresh and upgrade your technical skills
Geared for people with sight loss, TAFN offers a range of educational events including:
- Computer skills training.
- Accessible technology demonstrations.
- Creative writing workshops.
- Unwind after a hard day
- TAFN holds many interactive events. You are welcome to take part, or just listen in if you prefer.
- Meet new people and make new friends from across the world
TAFN members come from all walks of life, and from all areas of the world, not just the United Kingdom:
- New Zealand.
- United States of America.
- Many more countries make up the TAFN family
- Indulge existing hobbies or find new ones
- We offer everything from a book club to spirituality meetings. Events from cooking tips and tricks to sports and gardening. You’ll find something to suit most tastes at TAFN.
- Take part in a wide variety of entertaining and informative events
There’s a wide variety of events to choose from, including:
- Traditional quizzes and cryptic games.
- Interactive music events.
- Life skill sessions.
- Special and seasonal events throughout the year.
- A range of fun and innovative fundraising events.
- Have your say on TAFN
- Help shape the future of our organisation. Our members have the opportunity to vote, become involved in focus surveys and much more.
- Find a wide range of volunteer opportunities
Join us as a volunteer and:
- build a portfolio of your voluntary work.
- Aquire skills relevant to your interest area.
- Gain references for future employment.
- Share skills and interests of your own with others
Do you have skills that would be of interest to others?
Do you have an interest that you love to talk about?
Why not share it with our members and enjoy more topics of conversation?
This and much more from the comfort of your own home.
TAFN Is Run By And For Blind and Vision Impaired Members
We believe very strongly in meeting members technical and social needs. We do this in the best and most accessible way we can. whatever we can do to improve the quality of life for blind and visually impaired people, we are proud to do. Why? Because TAFN is user-led, which means we were set up by our members, for the benefit of our members. Your needs are our needs too!
TAFN is The Accessible Friends Network. Blind and partially sighted people, supporting each other online. Shared Vision Through Friendship.