Guidelines for TAFN’s Main List
Last amended May 2014.
The following guidelines are to help you understand what is and what is not acceptable on TAFN’s main list.
1. Where there is already a list setup to cover a particular topic,
this topic will not be acceptable on the main list.
If you would like to find out what lists are available to you as a TAFN member, please
contact the List moderators.
2. No topic regarding copyright material, E.G.
access to a sendspace link containing a copy of a cd, will be acceptable on the main list.
If you are unsure what is covered by copyright, please
contact the List Moderators
and we will be happy to advise you on this matter.
3. any topic of a sexual or racial nature, of derogatory comments or personal harassment will not be acceptable on the main list.
4. no file attachments will be acceptable on the main list.
It is recognised that some anti-virus or security software sometimes adds small attachments to an e-mail message and this guideline does not, of course, apply to such attachments.
5. changing the thread of a conversation without changing the subject line is not acceptable.
if this is seen to be the case, then one of the list moderators will write to the list reminding them that if the body of the message has moved on to a different topic from that of the subject line, then the subject line must be changed.
6. If any member finds themselves placed on moderation for breeching any of the list guidelines, they will be sent, via e-mail, a copy of the guidelines.
They will be required to confirm that they have received and read the guidelines before the end of their moderation period.
Failure to comply with this will result in the member remaining on moderation until they comply with the list moderator’s request.
Contravention of any of the above guidelines will result, in the first instance, in the member being contacted by a list moderator drawing attention to the guideline that has been breached. If, following this initial contact, a member continues to post inappropriate or unacceptable messages to the list, this will result in an automatic period of moderation lasting for one month, which can be extended at the discretion of the list moderators.
We would also request that members refrain from moderating the list themselves, as this can lead to confusion. If you have any concerns about the nature or content of an e-mail sent to the TAFN main list, please
contact the list moderators directly
and we will deal with your concerns in accordance with the guidelines stated above