Guests and members enjoy a wide variety of benefits from TAFN. These include:
- A wide range of live online events
- Covering events from interactive chat to music streaming, from practical training to listen-in demonstrations, there’s something for everyone. These are run by our small group of volunteers and there’s always room for more.
- E-mail Lists
Guests have access to 2 of our many mailing lists:
- A general discussion list covering many topics of discussion.
- The TAFN Announce list which sends out event shedules and important notices.
Members also have access to the following services not available to guests:
- A personal e-mail account
Either a forwarding address, or a secure IMAP or POP mailbox.
Mailboxes include a fully accessible webmail interface.
- Financial assistance funds
Many of our members live on limited funds, we therefore set aside a small budget to help those in need with technology costs.
- The TAFN Technology Fund can provide money to cover the cost of replacement hardware, for example a new hard drive.
- The TAFN Technology Fund can be used to provide a limited amount of money towards the cost of a new computer.
- The SMA Fund can help members with expensive upgrades on access software.
- The Emergency Lifeline Fund, or ELF can assist our members who suffer a major disaster. This could be flooding or other serious upheaval.
Terms and Conditions apply to all funds.
- Mailing Lists
Members have access to over 30 lists including:
- Beliefs and Religion.
- A book club list.
- Creative Writing.
- Smartphone Discussion.
- Sports Talk.
- Tech Discussion.
- Members Only Content
Our members area contains everything from official documents to recordings of past events. These include:
- Official events and projects by a variety of members.
- Past recordings of Christmas and haloween events.
- TAFN Talent Night recordings.
- Audio of our accessible device demonstrations.
- AGM minutes.
- Members general meeting minutes.
- Terms and Conditions for financial assistance.
There’s a whole lot more to explore for members and guests, and we’re always looking for new content.
There’s no obligation to become a full member. So if you’re blind or vision impaired, or you are a family member of someone with sight loss, why not join us today and try us out?
Join TAFN Today
A History of TAFN
Benefits of TAFN Membership
Our VIP Communicator Software
TAFN is The Accessible Friends Network. Blind and partially sighted people, supporting each other online. Shared Vision Through Friendship.