To serve 4 to 6 people you will need:
- 1 large can, approx. 410 g, of evaporated milk.
- 1 large can, approx. 410 g, of condensed milk.
- 1 250 ml carton, of whipping OR double cream.
- 2 to 4 oz of chopped almonds or chopped pistachio nuts.
- a good pinch of powdered cardamom.
- a few drops of rose water (optional).
You will need a deep, freezer proof bowl or plastic container with a tightly fitting lid, 2 pint or 1 litre capacity should be fine. This will mean that you can transfer it to your freezer without the contents spilling, also enabling you to serve nice good heaped spoonfuls to yourself and dinner guests.
- Put all the ingredients, except the nuts into a blender or food processor and blend well for a couple of minutes.
- Now Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a container and freeze for several hours.
- Transfer the container to your fridge 20 mins before serving.
This is just the right dessert to follow my quick and easy chicken curry.