instructions for setting up TAFN’s Team Talk on an iPhone.
These instructions are written for Voice Over users.
1. Go to the App store, and download the iTeamTalk app using the following link:
2. Once you have downloaded and opened this app, in the top right corner, you will see an ‘add’ button. Double-tap this button with one finger.
3. In the ‘name’ field, type whatever name you wish to call the server. I use ‘TAFN’, for example. You can call it what you wish.
4. In the host address field, type the following:
5. The next text field will be the TCP port. Change this to 10111.
6. The next text field is the UDP port. This one is also 10111.
7. the next option is for encryption. Make sure this is toggled to ‘On’.
8. In the ‘Authentication’ section, the first field will be for your username. Your username will be provided. Enter it here.
9. Next is the password field. Your password will be provided. Enter it here.
10. Those are all the fields you need to fill in. After completing the steps above, double-tap the ‘save’ button in the top right corner of your screen. The TAFN Team Talk server will now be set up on your phone.
11. To join the server, just swipe down with one finger on the name of the server, and when it says ‘Connect to Server’, double-tap with one finger. You will then be in the lobby. You will see a list of rooms/channels. You can join a room by swiping down with one finger and double-tapping with one finger when you hear it say ‘Join Channel’.
You may wish to go into ‘Preferences’ and change some things, such as hiding public servers, how the channels are displayed, or altering notifications or volume controls. You will also need to enter your name in the username field in the ‘preferences’ section. This must include your first name and the first initial of your surname. This is how you will appear to all users in our server. If your membership is still as a guest, this must be shown in your nickname by typing the word ‘Guest’ after the initial of your surname. For example, if your name is Jane Smith, it should appear as Jane S Guest. If you decide to join as a member, you can remove the word ‘Guest’ from your nickname.
If you need any help at all, or have any questions, please contact the Help Desk, and one of us will pick up your email. The address is: