A key goal of tafn is to offer accessible training to its members, to this end we have prepared a range of courses which we believe provides our members with quality training which will enable them to achieve greater computer literacy and feel more empowered.
Our current training materials are listed below.
Audacity is a free audio editing program which is intuitive to use and which enables the novice to achieve quality editing results from the start.
Our Audacity training covers the following areas, both in the form of easy to follow text files and guided audio mp3 tutorials.
- Basic audacity command keystrokes.
- Our first edit.
- Applying delay in audacity.
- Applying high pass filter in audacity.
- Audacity normalisation.
- Denoising a file in audacity.
- Downloading and installing lame.
- Fading with audacity.
- Multitracking in audacity.
- Trimming in audacity.
- Voice recording in audacity.
c-Dex is a popular CD ripper which is capable of much more besides and is fully accessible to screen reader users.
Our C-Dex training covers the following areas, both in the form of easy to follow text files and guided audio mp3 tutorials.
- Setting up.
- Copying Album Information.
- File Conversion.
- Filename generation options.
- Renaming And Reformatting Track Names.
- Ripping A CD.
- Ripping An individual track.
JAWS FOR WINDOWS:
The jaws screen reader is used by many in the vi community so we have put together some resources aimed at enabling the novice user to achieve greater accessibility of their pc’s by exploring the less used but valuable facets of the program.
Our Jaws training covers the following areas, both in the form of easy to follow text files and guided audio mp3 tutorials.
- Jaws Navigational keystrokes.
- Jaws internet keystrokes.
- Jaws Keystrokes for Accessing the JAWS Utilities.
- Jaws Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation.
- Jaws Keystrokes For Popular Applications.
- Jaws Keystrokes for Working in Dialog Boxes.
- Jaws Keystrokes for Working in Tables.
- Jaws Miscellaneous Keystrokes.
MICROSOFT EXCEL& WORD 2003 & 2007:
Although times change and people and technologies move on, we are aware that there are still a few Office 2003 users around and that many use Office 2007. For most purposes the Office 2007 tutorials can also prove beneficial to Office 2010 users.
Our Word & Excel training covers the following areas, both in the form of easy to follow text files and guided audio mp3 tutorials.
- Autofiltering text.
- Autofitting cells.
- Creating a balance sheet.
- Deleting and inserting blank areas.
- Deleting data.
- Hiding & unhiding columns.
- Naming & defining a cell range.
- Overwriting & editing.
- Sorting headed data.
- Adjusting margins.
- Bulleting and numbering.
- Changing case.
- Creating & formatting a table.
- Creating an autotext.
- Finding text.
- Headers and footers.
- Inserting dates.
- Inserting page numbers.
- Line spacing.
- Page breaks.
- Replacing text.
- Selecting text.
- Sorting text.
- Tab settings.
- Text formatting.
- Word count.
The above training materials are available free to all members of tafn.
We hope you enjoy and benefit from the materials and welcome any feedback regarding our training.