We’re glad you are here, whether you’re blind, vision impaired, or you are the friend or family member of someone with a vision impairment.
Our mission at TAFN is to provide friendship and support for people with vision impairments. We are a nonprofit organization located
in the United Kingdom. Our members come from around the world and every walk of life. Although from diverse cultures, we
have similar experiences of living with visual impairment. AT TAFN we share our strengths, hopes, experiences, laughter and successes.
Why should I join TAFN?
Our members enjoy a number of unique benefits not easily found online. We also provide a free 30 day guest membership. You can try out what it’s like to be part of the TAFN community.
(Guest and paid members enjoy:
- An accessible voice conferencing client TeamTalk – easy to install and configure
- TAFN radio our own radio station witch is run by our members.
- A wide range of accessible games and quiz nights
- Events including book clubs, cookery, creative writing and gardening chat
- Music and drama events performed by members
- Computer and technology training
- Demonstrations of accessible devices and tools that help blind people become more independent
- Social chats
- Optional and friendly email lists for members
- Our online technical support help desk
Paid members enjoy everything listed above as well as:
- A Technology Grant Scheme witch enables members to claim financial assistance towards the cost of a new computer and hardware, repairs and upgrades and screen reader and magnification and other specialist software.
- A members area
with members only content
- A TAFN.ORG.UK email address at a small yearly charge.
Who Are We?
TAFN is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting people with vision impairments. Our board and leadership committees are staffed by people with visual impairments. Our members elect board members and are instrumental in shaping TAFN’s policies and plans for the future.
Our funding comes from donations, membership fees, bequests, and grants.
Having recently become a Member of TAFN (assuming
you are a UK Taxpayer),
would you be prepared to allow TAFN to
claim Gift Aid on any donations which you may decide to make in the
If so please contact Shirley Grant our Treasurer