TAFN Special Events
Why not sponsor Michelle Collins for her tread water for TAFN
to find out more please
2015 TAFN auction
we are looking for items for our auction
Please go here to find out more about our 2015 TAFN auction
the Accessible Friends Network. We’re glad you’re here. You’re whether you’re blind, vision impaired, or are the friend or family member of someone with a vision impairment.
Our mission at TAFN is to provide friendship and support for people with vision impairments. We are a nonprofit organization located
in the United Kingdom. Our members come from around the world and every walk of life. Although from diverse cultures, we
have similar experiences of living with visual impairment. AT TAFN we share our strengths, hopes, experiences, laughter and successes.
Why should I join TAFN?
Our members enjoy a number of unique benefits not easily found online. We also provide guest memberships. You can try out what it’s like to be part of the TAFN
(guest and paid members enjoy:
- An accessible voice conferencing client – easy to install and configure
- A wide range of accessible games and quiz nights
- Events including book clubs, cookery, creative writing and gardening chat
- Music and drama events performed by members
- Computer and technology training
- Demonstrations of accessible devices and tools that help blind people become more independent
- Social chats
- Optional and friendly email lists for members
- Our online technical support help desk
Paid members enjoy everything listed above as well as:
- A free TAFN.ORG.UK email address
Who Are We?
TAFN is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting people with vision impairments. Our board and leadership committees are staffed by people with visual impairments. Our members elect board members and are instrumental in shaping TAFN’s policies and plans for the future.
Our funding comes from donations, membership fees, bequests, and grants.